This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should the United States cease to exist to allow for 'the market' to work?
01-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Should the United States cease to exist to allow for 'the market' to work?
Since policy can only interfere with the market, and interfering with the market is always bad, and it is always a bad outcome should we dissolve all policy? All policy. I am MORE than sure if the united states were to dissolve companies that were profitable no longer would be. That would just be the almighty market doing what is best, because without policy the market knows best.
Right?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 10:36 PM

I have been on Yahoo Answers all week because I'm sick and you are ALWAYS on here! Do you have a life? A job?

Ads

Yes.

Government should protect our bill of rights. Provide a means of redress against fraud and stay the hell out of our social and economic lives!

Look up Night Watchman State on Wikipedia, tell me where in said ideology government interferes in the market, and then come back and spew this load of garbage again. Here, I'll even post a link to it for you since I'm sure you're too lazy to look it up yourself.

No one on the Right is going to get your point.

well, GM now means Guberment Motors thanks to the lib messiah so the weak argument is thrown out the window!!!!

You should go to work, already.

Less regulations would work, tariffs on trade would be a good start. More right to work states a must.

In the short run, the loss of a stable order, regardless of how inefficient it is, is bad for business. But if you replaced our current government with the one that existed in the early 1900s, it could only be good for business.

Government should focus on promoting fairness (in opportunity, not outcome) and freedom, not on quixotic pipe dreams.

There might be some areas where government policy simply cannot be avoided, but current government policy is well beyond simply those areas.
Where policy fights the tides it will eventually lose. The markets (tides) are far stronger.
Where policy diverts the tides.....others often drown in it.
IE. Government can cause some significant damage to society through policy (often not immediately visible) and do not have much of a good track record when it comes to bringing actual sustained benefit.