Twitist Forums
Do you realize the impact of social security? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Do you realize the impact of social security? (/thread-56533.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do you realize the impact of social security? - BabySpittle.com - 01-22-2013 02:01 AM

Before: 50 million seniors in poverty
After: 10 million

Do you care about your elders?

- Incognito - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

especially since they put money into it of their own.

- curvedball693 - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

I bet you think Social Security is a good solid retirement plan too right?

Living on SS IS living in poverty.

- Thomas - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

yeah the impact is debt, besides you know it cant run on more going out than in. you just raise the age limit, so define senior.

- Antie Pantie - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

Do you care about facts?

It is a FACT that SS needs reform ... that it will implode before WE reach retirement age.

- Bill Lumbergh - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

It would be ridiculous to remove social security from this country after so many generations have contributed and counted on it as their retirement income.

- Alan Turing - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

I draw social security after a lifetime of paying into it.

Best investment I ever made. Reliable, unlike the stock market.

Because of the Republican attacks on SS, I will NEVER vote for a Republican the rest of my life! Not even a moderate one.

- John Wayne Fan - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

I care about my elderly. Yours are your problem. A black guy that doesn't work, makes 5 babies that live off the system. I don't care if his family doesn't want to care for him. He has got enough from me as it is.

If you aren't smart enough to save even $20 a week for for your entire career I don't know what to tell you. I'll be retiring at about 60 with close to a million because I have a pension, annuity, SMA, and I buy gold. At $20 a week (a low #) you would have 40k not counting interest.

- Edward - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

Bet you gram is in a home care so much you take care of them.

- gentlefight549 - 01-22-2013 02:09 AM

In 1940 there were 132 million people in the US. There is no way 50 million were seniors in poverty, you are full of crap. I still have over twenty years before I can receive SS retirement and there won't be any left after paying into it for so long. Already have enough quarters worked to get it if I were old enough, got my first real job and paycheck at 13. Did you start working when you were still a kid? I doubt you have ever worked a day and don't contribute to anyone, just spew vile and lies on the internet that your parents pay for.

I find myself not caring about anyone except my wife and child these days. If you were on fire, I might drink turpentine and pee on you.