This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you realize the impact of social security?
01-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Do you realize the impact of social security?
Before: 50 million seniors in poverty
After: 10 million

Do you care about your elders?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2013, 02:09 AM

especially since they put money into it of their own.

Ads

yeah the impact is debt, besides you know it cant run on more going out than in. you just raise the age limit, so define senior.

Do you care about facts?

It is a FACT that SS needs reform ... that it will implode before WE reach retirement age.

It would be ridiculous to remove social security from this country after so many generations have contributed and counted on it as their retirement income.

I draw social security after a lifetime of paying into it.

Best investment I ever made. Reliable, unlike the stock market.

Because of the Republican attacks on SS, I will NEVER vote for a Republican the rest of my life! Not even a moderate one.

I care about my elderly. Yours are your problem. A black guy that doesn't work, makes 5 babies that live off the system. I don't care if his family doesn't want to care for him. He has got enough from me as it is.

If you aren't smart enough to save even $20 a week for for your entire career I don't know what to tell you. I'll be retiring at about 60 with close to a million because I have a pension, annuity, SMA, and I buy gold. At $20 a week (a low #) you would have 40k not counting interest.

Bet you gram is in a home care so much you take care of them.

democrats do not care about our elderly, they care about themselves. What can you do for me? they do not even want to hear about the cuts in medicare that already have taken effect. My 80 year old mother went to refill a prescription that she has had for years and instead of her normal copay they informed her medicare would no longer cover it and she would have to pay $298 to have it refilled! Yet people are getting more then one obama phone! This country is screwed!

Anyone who wants to replace SS with individually managed accounts is completely ignorant as to the original reason behind it. In 1929 when the stock market crashed and banks failed, millions of seniors lost their retirement funds. SS was designed as a retirement fund not susceptible to short-term economic fluctuations.