Twitist Forums
Should I invest in a video advert for my hotel? Will it add more interest and sales? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Should I invest in a video advert for my hotel? Will it add more interest and sales? (/thread-56784.html)

Should I invest in a video advert for my hotel? Will it add more interest and sales? - Ash Flight - 01-22-2013 10:34 PM

I am considering investing in an advert for my dads hotel, will it help for online marketing etc?

- Ro - 01-22-2013 10:42 PM

The answer to your question is yes and no. Yes, it will add interest. And No, it won't necessarily add to sales.

A lot depends on your property and it's service design. A well made video can showcase your property in a very good way... as long as the actual property looks that way.

In terms of adding interest, its a good marketing tool as it allows the property to be visible on more channels. Youtube is the obvious one here. However, videos can also be used effectively on channels such as Facebook, TripAdvisor, etc. Keep in mind that the production quality has to be good.,.. else, you simply might be giving reasons for people to stay away.

Quantifying a video's ROI is almost impossible. So make sure you treat it as another weapon in your "marketing" arsenal.

Hope this helps.

Rohit Seth
Host - The Hotel Marketing Podcast