Twitist Forums
Can the Republican party be saved? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Can the Republican party be saved? (/thread-57862.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Can the Republican party be saved? - Hob - 01-26-2013 06:50 PM

As a libertarian, I have to tell my Republican friends that they way I see it you guys are tied up, laying across the train tracks, and a freight train is heading straight toward you named Hillary Clinton. You think Obama is bad, wait till Hillary wins.

My advice to you guys is to start the campaign against Hillary right now. And I know you don't want to hear this but I think you have to concede the social issues. Abortion. Gay Marriage. You're on the losing side of that. And you're probably also going to have to concede Immigration too. Just decide to be the party of free markets and limited constitutional government. Leave all the rest behind.

Or I predict you're dead in the water.

- K - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

I don't even think our country can be saved.

- GOD - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

just get rid of ALL the NEO-CONS!

- Midnightcake135 - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

Nope they can't be they have went over the cliff

- Tim - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

the Republican party is being saved it is called the tea party.

- paul ryan sucks - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

your party needs to change except it

- gyt - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

If Republicans return to their roots of fiscal conservatism then they can beat Hillary (provided Hillary is a viable candidate by then with her health problems). Until the Republicans turn away from being Democrat lite, they won't win. Why vote Republican if they are the same as the democrats?

- PoBoy - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

If they get rid of the RINOs.

- Spock (rhp) - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

I'll trade you Immigration for making immigrants ineligible for welfare and similar services paid for by others. it should be the way it was for our forefathers -- work or starve.

- Corrine - 01-26-2013 06:58 PM

I disagree.

Hillary would be far better than Obama - she'd take a cue from her husband, move to the right, and work with the House.

As to morality, sorry, that's why I'm a conservative, not a libertarian.

EDIT: And it can be "saved" if it rids itself of neo-cons and RINO's.