Twitist Forums
What would be a good thesis for Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What would be a good thesis for Facebook? (/thread-58079.html)

What would be a good thesis for Facebook? - Respectedbadge958 - 01-27-2013 01:12 PM

I am not asking for someone to do my work for me, I just ideas on what my statement. I have been trying to think of something for hours. Facebook is kind of a broad topic and I can not figure out what I should be trying to prove. Thanks for any help.

- blunderbuss - 01-27-2013 01:20 PM

I have two ideas.

People love to reinvent themselves via the internet. People design phony usernames for their emails, for their Myspace pages, for forums, etc. People might do this to a certain extent on
Facebook (though not as much as on Myspace -- the degree of customization on Facebook is
not nearly as extensive). This is partially for the benefits of anonymity, but it's also a way for
us to "redesign" an image of ourselves and project it into cyberspace.

Facebook is basically a voluntary system for gathering information to market things. For example,
if everyone who ever went to Harvard Medical School was on facebook -- and identified themselves
as Harvard med graduates -- then people looking to market to that group could do worse than
go on facebook and gather some names for a mailing list, which they could sell. (Facebook
may be completely secure, but the potential exists, and new viruses and spam software are
always being developed.)