This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would be a good thesis for Facebook?
01-27-2013, 01:12 PM
What would be a good thesis for Facebook?
I am not asking for someone to do my work for me, I just ideas on what my statement. I have been trying to think of something for hours. Facebook is kind of a broad topic and I can not figure out what I should be trying to prove. Thanks for any help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 01:20 PM

I have two ideas.

People love to reinvent themselves via the internet. People design phony usernames for their emails, for their Myspace pages, for forums, etc. People might do this to a certain extent on
Facebook (though not as much as on Myspace -- the degree of customization on Facebook is
not nearly as extensive). This is partially for the benefits of anonymity, but it's also a way for
us to "redesign" an image of ourselves and project it into cyberspace.

Facebook is basically a voluntary system for gathering information to market things. For example,
if everyone who ever went to Harvard Medical School was on facebook -- and identified themselves
as Harvard med graduates -- then people looking to market to that group could do worse than
go on facebook and gather some names for a mailing list, which they could sell. (Facebook
may be completely secure, but the potential exists, and new viruses and spam software are
always being developed.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply