Twitist Forums
What is the Media trying to achieve by always telling us how bad the housing market is all day long? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: What is the Media trying to achieve by always telling us how bad the housing market is all day long? (/thread-58280.html)

Pages: 1 2

What is the Media trying to achieve by always telling us how bad the housing market is all day long? - Shanks - 01-28-2013 06:33 AM

It`s as though they`re on a government backed scam, just like Global warming, and social drinkin etc..

- ho hum - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

this constant harping on about house prices is a self fulfilling prophesy

people want to pay less so they offer less and estate agents encourage people to accept less

and voila! house prices fall

- lorne - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

It makes a change from berating the McCanns

- joe B - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

yea yea yea we get it, its all a giant Free Mason illuminati conspiracy. Idiot.

- michbol123321 - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

They are trying to get their guy (obama) elected. They have essentially created the so-called "recession" that we are in.

- My sage name - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

The media is doing what it does best
Scaremongering
You don't think they what us to have peace in our lives NO this gives you cancer that gives you cancer, the pill is good for the pill is bad for you.
If you eat this you will die, if you this will not die
Sod it. I just get on with life eat what I like and do all things in moderation

- Ollie - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

If enough people listen we will end up in a recession which is bad for everyone.Except the money men.

- fluffybunny - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

the media talk crap to sell papers....but there is a big problem today with housing/mortgages/savings & all the other stuff....everyone is struggling. i can't remember a time like this!

i remember the dreadful time of the Tory rule...& now we are back there under a Labour government....i can't believe that has happened...maybe we should all vote Lib Dem...& bugger the others who are lining their own pockets!!!

- OO7 - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

totally see where you're coming from. They're making it worse as everyone drowns in depression thinking of the worst scenario.

- waldo_mcginty - 01-28-2013 06:41 AM

Calm down.The Media is trying to achieve audience share by telling people what they think they want to hear and how they want to hear it.This is not China or N.Korea.The various news channels do not take their headlines from No.10.Enough of the conspiracy theories already.If you want to get a balanced view of current happenings newspaper take a chance on one of the broadsheets.