Twitist Forums
i want to make a website like twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: i want to make a website like twitter? (/thread-58450.html)

i want to make a website like twitter? - Chase - 01-28-2013 07:50 PM

Hello there i want to make a website like twitter i used Shoutem about 2 years ag does anybody know any online free website creators planning on making a decent social network thanks alot for your time.

- Squidy - 01-28-2013 07:58 PM

You're not going to make a decent social networking site with a website creator, much less a free one. Learn to code. You'll probably need a good understanding of HTML, CSS, Flash, and Javascript, as well as an understanding of how to run a server.

- Gaurav Kanojiya - 01-28-2013 07:58 PM

Hello frnd,
Squidy is some what right but not completely. For making a Social Networking Site you need not to learn heavy codes. For this purpose you can use an open source magical tool named joomla and its superb extensions like jomsocial,etc. Joomla is very easy to learn and handle both. You can use the links mentioned below.

PS: I am an experienced Php and Joomla developer.

- Tyler - 01-28-2013 07:58 PM

Use html, PHP, CSS, and Javascript. Notepad++ is a great text editor for all of those. When it comes to server side stuff, you can't use a gui, you need to write your own code. PHP is a great server side language. If you need hosting get it from hostgator.com