Twitist Forums
Teens: What are your thoughts on social networking sites? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Teens: What are your thoughts on social networking sites? (/thread-59077.html)

Pages: 1 2

Teens: What are your thoughts on social networking sites? - ℓєтѕ gσ fℓу α кιтє - 01-30-2013 08:12 PM

I have a Facebook and it's nice to keep in touch with friends I haven't seen in a long time.

A lot of people are on it for hours on end which is not healthy. They will grow up to be anti social (in person).

So, do you have a Facebook/Twitter/some other social networking site? How important is it to you? How long do you spend on it a day? Any other thoughts?

- Harry Potter - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

I use Facebook while receiving classes at Hogwarts.

- Scarlett - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

I only have facebook and I use it to contact my friends and keep in touch with people who don't live near me. I really wouldn't want to go without it I definitely use it too much sometimes but I have a good life outside of being online so I'm not too worried. I think the problem arises when people only contact eachother online and through text and stop having face to face interactions and such.

- Severus Snape - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

Mr. Potter, how dare you use the likes of Muggle Social Networking while attending classes.

10 points from Gryffindor for allowing such Muggle devices into the school building. What an arrogant thing to do, you're just like your father.

- hannah. - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

I have a Facebook just so that I can keep in touch with old friends and as another way to communicate with my close friends. I honestly feel like all of the social networks are really overrated though and almost competitive to have the most friends/followers/pictures/etc. to seem more popular than other people.

- Owl K - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

I only have a Facebook so I can basically learn about people without actually talking to them, because I'm pretty shy up front, but really outgoing with my friends. I also like having a place to put pictures, and talk to some of my friends and stuff. It's not that important to me, seeing as none of my closest friends are on facebook...So I just check it a few times a day (not constantly because I know no one sends me messages or writes on my wall, etc) and maybe check out some peoples' profiles and stuff.

- PinkGypsy - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

I feel like twitter is for people who need to find something useful to do with their life. I don't get what is so entertaining about telling people what your are thinking and doing at the moment
There is nothing to really do on Facebook, I think it is really boring

Myspace was so much better. At least you can decorate your page

- Maya W - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

I have a Facebook and a Twitter. I use them both to keep family and friends updated on what I'm doing. It's not too important. I probably spend and hour combined on them.

- Shana Thomas - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

I got my first Facebook in 3rd grade. So other kids had it 2. I use it to chat, and play games. I'm not on it a lot anymore except for 10 min. It was so assisting at first. But I do dance niw when skool starts I do Girl scouts and track. I also go for tutoring. I go to a private school. But not rich. My parents won't let me do any more. I may quit girl s outs but it helps u in High school for sumthing. But anyways it's takes u off going Facebook. I'm not dumb go for tutoring see when I got addicted to it my grades went down. So I needed to go tutoring. I was in math a now math b. It effects u! Dance makes u flexible. Running makes u skinny. And tutoring makes u smarter. Girl scouts is good for HS. So if people realize there is more things to do in life then waste tine on it. Those ppl will b smarter and better at their talent and most things.

- That Wise Chick - 01-30-2013 08:20 PM

I use facebook and it's great, I'll admit, when I'm inside I'm always on it, but I would never cancel plans so I could use it Confused :L and most of my plans with friends are made through it Smile Yeah the only other social networking site I'm on is twitter, & I don't use it all the time.