This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Teens: What are your thoughts on social networking sites?
01-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Teens: What are your thoughts on social networking sites?
I have a Facebook and it's nice to keep in touch with friends I haven't seen in a long time.

A lot of people are on it for hours on end which is not healthy. They will grow up to be anti social (in person).

So, do you have a Facebook/Twitter/some other social networking site? How important is it to you? How long do you spend on it a day? Any other thoughts?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 08:20 PM

I use Facebook while receiving classes at Hogwarts.

Ads

I only have facebook and I use it to contact my friends and keep in touch with people who don't live near me. I really wouldn't want to go without it I definitely use it too much sometimes but I have a good life outside of being online so I'm not too worried. I think the problem arises when people only contact eachother online and through text and stop having face to face interactions and such.

Mr. Potter, how dare you use the likes of Muggle Social Networking while attending classes.

10 points from Gryffindor for allowing such Muggle devices into the school building. What an arrogant thing to do, you're just like your father.

I have a Facebook just so that I can keep in touch with old friends and as another way to communicate with my close friends. I honestly feel like all of the social networks are really overrated though and almost competitive to have the most friends/followers/pictures/etc. to seem more popular than other people.

I have a Facebook and a Twitter. I use them both to keep family and friends updated on what I'm doing. It's not too important. I probably spend and hour combined on them.

they are good in moderation. as long as someone isnt letting it take over their lives it's okay :]

i have facebook, twitter, and tumblr. i rarely use myspace but i still have an account.
neither are too important to me. i log on once a day at least, but i hardly sit at the computer for too long. most my updates are from my phone and mobile web.

i spend about 5 hours a week total on the comp.

never had a Facebook. but I do have a tumblr.

i use thesocialrequest.com its a really cool site, it has a lot to do on there so its not like your just sittin in front of the comp screen waiting for someone to update their status

i use thesocialrequest, its a really cool site, im usually on for a few hrs throughout a day