Twitist Forums
Is it legal to ask for money in the streets to donate to st Jude? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Is it legal to ask for money in the streets to donate to st Jude? (/thread-60075.html)

Is it legal to ask for money in the streets to donate to st Jude? - noone - 02-03-2013 06:05 AM

Hello, i was wondering about this. I went to St Jude page and they said they didn't support door-to-door sales. I really want to donate to St Jude but i don't have enough money, therefore, my plan is this: go stand in front of Fresh world super market with a box decorated with st Jude logo and ask for money. Is this legal?

- Ann - 02-03-2013 06:13 AM

No, it is not legal. Just donate the money you have to St. Jude. If you want to get involved in a fundraiser, then ask St. Jude agency where one is being held in your locale. Hope this helps.

- teeny-tinyhorn034 - 02-03-2013 06:13 AM

Fresh World Supermarket or any other store will ask you to leave IMMEDIATELY, and if you don't, will have you arrested. To solicit in public, you need a permit from the city and a permit from the store. St. Jude's does not want you to do this -- they want you to work for the money (walk dogs, babysit, do yard work, donate a percentage of money from your job, etc.), tell your friends on Facebook where they can donate, to ask your friends, etc.