This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it legal to ask for money in the streets to donate to st Jude?
02-03-2013, 06:05 AM
Is it legal to ask for money in the streets to donate to st Jude?
Hello, i was wondering about this. I went to St Jude page and they said they didn't support door-to-door sales. I really want to donate to St Jude but i don't have enough money, therefore, my plan is this: go stand in front of Fresh world super market with a box decorated with st Jude logo and ask for money. Is this legal?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 06:13 AM

No, it is not legal. Just donate the money you have to St. Jude. If you want to get involved in a fundraiser, then ask St. Jude agency where one is being held in your locale. Hope this helps.

Ads

02-03-2013, 06:13 AM

Fresh World Supermarket or any other store will ask you to leave IMMEDIATELY, and if you don't, will have you arrested. To solicit in public, you need a permit from the city and a permit from the store. St. Jude's does not want you to do this -- they want you to work for the money (walk dogs, babysit, do yard work, donate a percentage of money from your job, etc.), tell your friends on Facebook where they can donate, to ask your friends, etc.