Twitist Forums
Do you think society has progressed and is better than it was 60 years ago? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think society has progressed and is better than it was 60 years ago? (/thread-60516.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Do you think society has progressed and is better than it was 60 years ago? - WHITE MINORITY in 2043 - 02-12-2013 09:22 PM

We are more tolerance and diverse. We are getting less religious and more secular. Technology and Science has improved, which benefits many people. Social Media and Entertainment is big deal in today's world. Living Standards for all people have increased since then.

Do you think we are better than the past?

- Gee Wally - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

It seems that we are slipping backwards like in a nightmare. I remember when science delivered us from the evil of polio and put man on the moon. Science was king. No one dared talk against it.

Now that science has brought us to a good degree of safety and comfort we quickly take what it for granted and now scowl at science because it doesn't quite fit our views.

- Dylan - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

I think we peaked around 2004-2009, but we've been in a steady decline since.

- Mother Hubbard - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

No- only technology.

- Meredith - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

I guess so. Id hate to think otherwise. With me being an optimist and all.

- nolimit5439 - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

Absolutely - at least for Americans.

- Jakob - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

tolerant? we accept habits that shouldn't be accepted, ridicule those who have differing opinions, and hate those who argue against gays/feminists.

This country was founded on religion

almost all our states are in debt, NY and cali are almost bankrupt.

the media is hideously liberal. I can't stand it. The one, and biggest, news network Fox, is DESPISED by all liberals, for being different. Gays are different too, but since they're usually democrats, they are not hated. Genius.

- Believe it!! - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

Hell no we aren't better. The greatest generation was our peak.

- Stevenson - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

No, we haven`t made a concentrated effort on raising the level of consciousness above the war mongers but we can scan your retinas, watch you from all angles and analyze your dna.

- K - 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

Nope. We've progressed so far we're actually taking steps backwards.