Twitist Forums
We are trying to locate a birthmother considering adoption for her child.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: We are trying to locate a birthmother considering adoption for her child.? (/thread-60743.html)

Pages: 1 2

We are trying to locate a birthmother considering adoption for her child.? - Kathy - 02-13-2013 06:13 PM

We have placed newspaper ads, have our own website and networked on adoption social networks. Does anybody have any other ideas as to what we can do?

- xoxoLIS - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

http://www.adoption.com/

- bigmother160 - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

Have you looked in to adopting from foster care? There are literally THOUSANDS of children who cannot return to their original homes who are WAITING for new families.

- Sarah - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

foster care
they can place you with an infant
if thats what you want

- sunny - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

How can she be a "birth" mother if she hasn't given birth? A what would that make you? An infertile hopeful mother?

Why do you have to hunt *so hard* to find a baby to adopt? Isn't it obvious that there are FAR more people who WANT babies than there are women desperate enough to part with them? Doesn't it seem morally wrong to create a DEMAND for infants?

My advice to you is to look into foster care where children actually NEED parents (babies need their actual MOTHERS) or accept your situation and move on.

- Pip - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

So what does that make you? An unbirth mother?

A mother is a mother, a mother who hasn't given birth is an expectant mother and only gets labelled with the offensive term after the adoption is finalized.

Why not do as others have suggested and adopt from foster care as these children deserve a loving home?

Whilst I appreciate there are mothers who really don't want to parent I really do dislike infant adoption and it should only ever be a last resort.

- Vanessa - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

I think orphanages or foster care would be a good route to go. There are plenty of children in either of these two places, who need a family and a home.

- smarmy - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

No

- roundhorse749 - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

you are solicting for a minor on YA!? Please tell me I am reading this wrong!

- Walter Ford II - 02-13-2013 06:21 PM

I am already disgusted by the way my Aps have forced me to live in la la land with them. If I ever found out that they were predators that hunted down women for their children, I would disown them.