Twitist Forums
Does two people having the same last name when they co-own a business mean that they are married or related? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Does two people having the same last name when they co-own a business mean that they are married or related? (/thread-62580.html)

Does two people having the same last name when they co-own a business mean that they are married or related? - James - 02-20-2013 05:09 AM

I see people who work together in various companies who have the same surname,yet on the social media sites they do not put that they are engaged,married or anything except what they do.If they are they should to show if they are involved with anybody because some just have photographs of themself on a site.

- mccreight29 - 02-20-2013 05:17 AM

They are most likely related but it doesnt affect the work so why should they have to publish it. Most law firms have married or otherwise related partners. Bottom line is why does it matter? I think the real question you want to know is can I make a move on someone because they havent ADVERTISED their marriage. Let it go.

- shroud - 02-20-2013 05:17 AM

its a good bet
but if it is a common name like smith it could they never met until they started working there
and on the internet people don't always fill in all the blanks or keep them up to date

- Rick - 02-20-2013 05:17 AM

It could be either. In business it's not important for them to mention their relationship. It's more about their educational backgrounds and what they've accomplished and where they see their company going, etc. Odds are they're married but there's no guarantee. Or they could be separated or divorced but are leaving things as they are for appearances sake.

- sheloves_dablues - 02-20-2013 05:17 AM

No.

Do you think every "Smith" is related? Every "Wong"?

And why do you care?