This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does two people having the same last name when they co-own a business mean that they are married or related?
02-20-2013, 05:09 AM
Does two people having the same last name when they co-own a business mean that they are married or related?
I see people who work together in various companies who have the same surname,yet on the social media sites they do not put that they are engaged,married or anything except what they do.If they are they should to show if they are involved with anybody because some just have photographs of themself on a site.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 05:17 AM

They are most likely related but it doesnt affect the work so why should they have to publish it. Most law firms have married or otherwise related partners. Bottom line is why does it matter? I think the real question you want to know is can I make a move on someone because they havent ADVERTISED their marriage. Let it go.

Ads

its a good bet
but if it is a common name like smith it could they never met until they started working there
and on the internet people don't always fill in all the blanks or keep them up to date

It could be either. In business it's not important for them to mention their relationship. It's more about their educational backgrounds and what they've accomplished and where they see their company going, etc. Odds are they're married but there's no guarantee. Or they could be separated or divorced but are leaving things as they are for appearances sake.

No.

Do you think every "Smith" is related? Every "Wong"?

And why do you care?