Twitist Forums
Internet always cuts in and out? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Internet always cuts in and out? (/thread-62661.html)

Internet always cuts in and out? - Jake - 02-20-2013 11:53 AM

I use Bigpond. Can't be bothered to say to detail what type etc. Anyway, my internet always cuts out every 10 minutes, and it takes a minute or two, and it works again. Sometimes, it loads certain websites but not others. For eg: Say I load Facebook, internut cuts out, so I load another web page to see if it's cut out, I try twitter, still cuts out, but then when I click youtube, it loads, and facebook and twitter still wont load?

Whats up with that ... ?

- Adam L - 02-20-2013 12:01 PM

I had the same problem.
I changed my modem out and it seemed to be a bit better. but it was still happening so I changed providers and never had a problem again.

- Fred - 02-20-2013 12:01 PM

You can't be bothered to say what type, we can't help. Just like you phoning a doctor and saying I don't feel well but can't bother to tell what feels wrong. NO WAY anyone can help you unless you bother to help yourself. Type of service, modem or router? Or both?

- Mujer Alta - 02-20-2013 12:01 PM

Yep, it helps to know what kind of service you have. I have DSL and when my internet begins cutting out, I call the local phone company (because DSL is carried on their copper lines) and they fix it. A problem - at least locally with Verizon - is that, since they've put in the high-speed optic cables, they don't maintain the copper lines like they are supposed to.