Twitist Forums
Do employers check FACEBOOK & TWITTER of subsequent Job Applicants? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Do employers check FACEBOOK & TWITTER of subsequent Job Applicants? (/thread-62889.html)

Do employers check FACEBOOK & TWITTER of subsequent Job Applicants? - JJ - 02-21-2013 06:43 AM

im hearing that when you apply for a job, shortlisted, they begin doing facebook & twitter searches to see 1. what you look like. 2. what you're like.

any truth in this

- steepfeet000 - 02-21-2013 06:51 AM

Facebook is definitely being used by possible employers and even other things... disability claims that people are receiving monthly checks for and more.

- ♥Ashleyyy - 02-21-2013 06:51 AM

I've had professors look at facebook and twiiter so I wouldn't be too surprised if employers would check it too. It gives them a chance to see what you look like an an overview of you. They use it as a way to judge your work ability based on your posts and pictures.

- Brad - 02-21-2013 06:51 AM

YES they do, I don't know about twitter though.

- ChristalClaire - 02-21-2013 06:51 AM

They probably do. That is why I never had Facebook and Twitter. Because when your looking for jobs and they see someone who parties/do drugs and talk about inappropriate things, they might not hire you. But I don't do any of that stuff anyway, I just choose not to have one because its invasion of privacy and I don't want the whole world to know what I'm doing. Hope I helped : )