This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do employers check FACEBOOK & TWITTER of subsequent Job Applicants?
02-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Do employers check FACEBOOK & TWITTER of subsequent Job Applicants?
im hearing that when you apply for a job, shortlisted, they begin doing facebook & twitter searches to see 1. what you look like. 2. what you're like.

any truth in this

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 06:51 AM

Facebook is definitely being used by possible employers and even other things... disability claims that people are receiving monthly checks for and more.

Ads

I've had professors look at facebook and twiiter so I wouldn't be too surprised if employers would check it too. It gives them a chance to see what you look like an an overview of you. They use it as a way to judge your work ability based on your posts and pictures.

YES they do, I don't know about twitter though.

They probably do. That is why I never had Facebook and Twitter. Because when your looking for jobs and they see someone who parties/do drugs and talk about inappropriate things, they might not hire you. But I don't do any of that stuff anyway, I just choose not to have one because its invasion of privacy and I don't want the whole world to know what I'm doing. Hope I helped : )