Twitist Forums
Why won't the applications on my computer connect to the internet? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Why won't the applications on my computer connect to the internet? (/thread-63667.html)

Why won't the applications on my computer connect to the internet? - Delph Jones - 02-27-2013 11:02 PM

I am connected to the internet. I can access the internet using Google Chrome and my internet connection is pretty fast too.. But i discovered that the applications i have on my computer such as Bluestacks, Skype, Yahoo and Facebook messenger, etc. cannot connect to the internet.

Why is this so? Any way to fix this?

Thanks

- Aeronautical - 02-27-2013 11:04 PM

Check in your Firewall (in control panel under security) or your anti-virus program (such as norton,mcafee etc) for blocked programs, which means they are prevented from getting data packets from your router (ie no internet access). A few may be blocked for whatever reason but your whole antivirus or firewall may be switched into a mode where all inbound/outbound connections are rejected (which makes more sense since a lot of your programs are not getting a connection). Alternatively your wireless reciever on your computer (or wired connection) may not be very good and consequently you may not have internet access.

Hope this helps, good luck.