This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why won't the applications on my computer connect to the internet?
02-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Why won't the applications on my computer connect to the internet?
I am connected to the internet. I can access the internet using Google Chrome and my internet connection is pretty fast too.. But i discovered that the applications i have on my computer such as Bluestacks, Skype, Yahoo and Facebook messenger, etc. cannot connect to the internet.

Why is this so? Any way to fix this?

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 11:04 PM

Check in your Firewall (in control panel under security) or your anti-virus program (such as norton,mcafee etc) for blocked programs, which means they are prevented from getting data packets from your router (ie no internet access). A few may be blocked for whatever reason but your whole antivirus or firewall may be switched into a mode where all inbound/outbound connections are rejected (which makes more sense since a lot of your programs are not getting a connection). Alternatively your wireless reciever on your computer (or wired connection) may not be very good and consequently you may not have internet access.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply