Twitist Forums
Is there a difference between Facebook Mobile and the Facebook App? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is there a difference between Facebook Mobile and the Facebook App? (/thread-63729.html)

Is there a difference between Facebook Mobile and the Facebook App? - Hm - 02-28-2013 12:40 AM

I have an android smartphone and I downloaded the Facebook App. Will this be enough to get the phone icon on the Facebook chat and will I get updates on my phone? Or do I also need to activate Facebook Mobile to be able to get the phone icon and get updates on my phone? Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.

- Amanda - 02-28-2013 12:46 AM

Facebook app helps you to use Facebook in mobile without using a mobile browser.
But it doesn't activate Facebook mobile. For activating Facebook mobile, you can go to the Mobile tab of your Account Settings page (from a computer) to activate mobile texts. Click "Register for Facebook Text Messages" and follow the instructions. Then you will get your notifications, friend requests and messages on your mobile as texts. ( keep in mind that you can set what notification you want as text, visit notification tab of your account setting page( from a computer) to edit the notification settings.