This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a difference between Facebook Mobile and the Facebook App?
02-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Is there a difference between Facebook Mobile and the Facebook App?
I have an android smartphone and I downloaded the Facebook App. Will this be enough to get the phone icon on the Facebook chat and will I get updates on my phone? Or do I also need to activate Facebook Mobile to be able to get the phone icon and get updates on my phone? Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 12:46 AM

Facebook app helps you to use Facebook in mobile without using a mobile browser.
But it doesn't activate Facebook mobile. For activating Facebook mobile, you can go to the Mobile tab of your Account Settings page (from a computer) to activate mobile texts. Click "Register for Facebook Text Messages" and follow the instructions. Then you will get your notifications, friend requests and messages on your mobile as texts. ( keep in mind that you can set what notification you want as text, visit notification tab of your account setting page( from a computer) to edit the notification settings.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply