Twitist Forums
I don't know what to do about college? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: I don't know what to do about college? (/thread-66836.html)

I don't know what to do about college? - Brent - 03-02-2013 08:01 AM

I switched from computer engineering into interactive media because I didn't really like hardware. I think interactive media is more for me because it has nothing to do with hardware and I don't think I would like scripting, so I feel like this is a better field for me. The problem is that I don't want to make the same mistake of starting a major and then finding out I don't like it. I can't afford to keep switching.

Also, I'm debating upon switching schools. The social life is almost non-existent at my current college and I don't fit in with anyone really. I thought I would really enjoy the small school environment, but I'm starting to think that I would much rather enjoy a larger school like Penn State. I have the same issue with this though: I can't afford to keep switching around, so I don't know if it is really worth it to switch? I also don't know how well my classes would transfer over into a different school.

- DUMBO - 03-02-2013 08:09 AM

It seems like you need to take a GAP year. A gap year is when a undergraduate drops out of college for several years and returns back to the same or different college with the same or different major.

I think a gap year would really help you find your passion. You could also visit colleges during your recreation time and decided which college suits you. At the end of a gap year, you will return to the right college knowing what you would like to major in. This is also affordable.

Good luck