This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't know what to do about college?
03-02-2013, 08:01 AM
I don't know what to do about college?
I switched from computer engineering into interactive media because I didn't really like hardware. I think interactive media is more for me because it has nothing to do with hardware and I don't think I would like scripting, so I feel like this is a better field for me. The problem is that I don't want to make the same mistake of starting a major and then finding out I don't like it. I can't afford to keep switching.

Also, I'm debating upon switching schools. The social life is almost non-existent at my current college and I don't fit in with anyone really. I thought I would really enjoy the small school environment, but I'm starting to think that I would much rather enjoy a larger school like Penn State. I have the same issue with this though: I can't afford to keep switching around, so I don't know if it is really worth it to switch? I also don't know how well my classes would transfer over into a different school.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 08:09 AM

It seems like you need to take a GAP year. A gap year is when a undergraduate drops out of college for several years and returns back to the same or different college with the same or different major.

I think a gap year would really help you find your passion. You could also visit colleges during your recreation time and decided which college suits you. At the end of a gap year, you will return to the right college knowing what you would like to major in. This is also affordable.

Good luck

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply