Twitist Forums
Why do they care about how I dress and think? And why do they always sit on the phone (teen)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Why do they care about how I dress and think? And why do they always sit on the phone (teen)? (/thread-67809.html)

Why do they care about how I dress and think? And why do they always sit on the phone (teen)? - ChubbyGum - 04-15-2013 01:29 PM

I'm 14 (girl) and my 2 friends (also girls) always sit on their phone in breaks. Twitter and Facebook. They are just checking funny pictures and so on. I'm not interested sitting on the phone too. I want to talk and not being obsessed by the Internet.. When there isn't battery on their phone they ask me if they can borrow my phone since it always have a bit more battery left (wonder why). I always say no and then they get mad.. Why is it so funny to be on the phone and less fun to hang out with friends in a decent way? I don't get it and we are the same age..

Another thing is that they always seems to comment that I need to dress more girly and care more about how I look. They think I'm all grey, boring and extremely manly. I don't talk about boys. I don't have a dirty mind. I don't spend hours front of a mirror and care about looking fabulous 24/7. The funny part is that I hit puberty before they did. I'm satisfied with who I am. Of course I would like to be more CREATIVE with my clothes, but at the moment I just take it as it comes.

Why can't they just accept me for who I am? One of them always take pictures of me.. Ugly pictures of me about saying something. I tell her to delete. She don't. I think they start to act like snobs. All girly and the urge to comment in a annoying way. What happened? Why do they start to act like this? It all started since one of them started to get more freedom and acceptions from her parents.

- Owen - 04-15-2013 01:37 PM

Because your friends have no life. Leave them and meet people who actually love you

- Julie - 04-15-2013 01:37 PM

they are just attention seekers,if they were really your friends they would care about you & respect your opinion...find new friends who will accept you,people you will actually have fun with