Twitist Forums
How can I get kids at my school to read the newspaper? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: How can I get kids at my school to read the newspaper? (/thread-69178.html)

How can I get kids at my school to read the newspaper? - Morningmind12 - 04-28-2013 05:53 PM

I'm editor of my schools paper and I can't get kids to read or even care about the paper. I've changed the layout, types of stories, even added a Twitter feed, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

- john - 04-28-2013 06:08 PM

They don't read anything. It's not like there's something wrong with ur paper. KIDS DONT READ! yeah, it's pretty much true. Only a couple of them really read. Let alone how many read for self enjoyment, so yeah, you're reaching out to such a small percentage that you don't realize ur getting like 90% of the people u possibly could get lol

- Scott - 04-28-2013 06:19 PM

pop quizzes

- Jason - 04-28-2013 06:27 PM

What other incentives can you provide? Hey!, not the Page3 models type but maybe small competitions can be tried.

- Anne - 04-28-2013 06:30 PM

Depends on the age of the children ??

- brainiacATwork - 04-28-2013 06:41 PM

The best way to get anyone to read an article is the header or title of your article. You have to be creative when giving any article a title. It should be interesting enough to grab their attention and make them want to read more. Your title should be in all capital letters.