Twitist Forums
Unwanted "ads by selectionlinks" on my computer? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Unwanted "ads by selectionlinks" on my computer? (/thread-70705.html)

Unwanted "ads by selectionlinks" on my computer? - Jordan - 05-03-2013 11:50 PM

On Facebook and Youtube there are these extremely annoying ads that have just recently started showing up, at the bottom of the ads they say :"Ads by SelectionLinks." I'm pretty sure it's something on my computer, I actually removed something called selectionlinks from my programs, but it didn't make a difference. I've noticed that the ads show up when I pull one of the two websites up on firefox or chrome, but not internet explorer, that's what tells me it's my computer, and also the fact that I haven't seen any complaint about any huge new ads one facebook or youtube anywhere. I'm running windows 7, please help me get rid of them.

- JJ - 05-04-2013 12:02 AM

Okay, two options here. 1.do a system restore to a point before all the ads or any strange files showed up.
2. Get Microsoft security essentials and use it to get rid of the virus, if your computer get a critical error cycle from trying to remove the virus or Trojan, immediately do a system restore to at least a week or two weeks back if possible. Hope this helps!

- Chalcocite Ct. - 05-04-2013 12:02 AM

Turn on popup blocker in your control panel/ internet options/ security settings, or open firefox, select tools, options, content. Google chrome click on settings tab upper right corner, select settings, advanced settings, content, scroll down to popups.