This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unwanted "ads by selectionlinks" on my computer?
05-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Unwanted "ads by selectionlinks" on my computer?
On Facebook and Youtube there are these extremely annoying ads that have just recently started showing up, at the bottom of the ads they say :"Ads by SelectionLinks." I'm pretty sure it's something on my computer, I actually removed something called selectionlinks from my programs, but it didn't make a difference. I've noticed that the ads show up when I pull one of the two websites up on firefox or chrome, but not internet explorer, that's what tells me it's my computer, and also the fact that I haven't seen any complaint about any huge new ads one facebook or youtube anywhere. I'm running windows 7, please help me get rid of them.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 12:02 AM

Okay, two options here. 1.do a system restore to a point before all the ads or any strange files showed up.
2. Get Microsoft security essentials and use it to get rid of the virus, if your computer get a critical error cycle from trying to remove the virus or Trojan, immediately do a system restore to at least a week or two weeks back if possible. Hope this helps!

Ads

05-04-2013, 12:02 AM

Turn on popup blocker in your control panel/ internet options/ security settings, or open firefox, select tools, options, content. Google chrome click on settings tab upper right corner, select settings, advanced settings, content, scroll down to popups.