Twitist Forums
Why can't I view Yahoo News all of the sudden? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Why can't I view Yahoo News all of the sudden? (/thread-72517.html)

Why can't I view Yahoo News all of the sudden? - TheGhostOfOldHollywoodPast - 05-10-2013 08:05 AM

Win XP SP2 using IE 8

I did a clean install 6-8 weeks ago, Dell Vostro, maxed out for gaming, all my storage on a external 2TB HD so it can run fast. I have all updates (drivers too) done ( Though have not gone to SP3 yet I just noticed, not sure why I haven't got that prompt) I also have heard problems with SP3?

Yahoo News was working fine just last week. Now if I click on any yahoo news link, it freezes up and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and end IE as a Not Responding program. Yeah I know there are better news sites, yahoo has problems etc etc. However, call me crazy but, I like yahoo as my homepage. Oh and please don't say "Foxfire, Modzilla, Chrome etc...I'd hate to have to install and learn a new browser on my laptop when my IE runs everything else fine. I have over 800 Big Fish Games that have to re-sync each time I have to do a clean install. Don't want to do that again if it screws up my laptop.

Is there something that changed I don't know? Or a simple/easy update or way to fix this problem with IE running Yahoo News? Why was it fine last week and now all of the sudden not?

- Dell Inc. - 05-10-2013 08:14 AM

Hello TheGhostOfOldHollywoodPast,

I am from Dell Social Media and Community.

Have you tried resetting your internet explorer settings?
Click on Tools > Internet options > Advanced Tab > Reset > OK

If this does not fix the issue, update your Internet Explorer.

If this has not helped you or if you need any further assistance, feel free to message me on Twitter(@NiranjanatDell). I will be happy to assist.

Dell-Niranjan