This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why can't I view Yahoo News all of the sudden?
05-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Why can't I view Yahoo News all of the sudden?
Win XP SP2 using IE 8

I did a clean install 6-8 weeks ago, Dell Vostro, maxed out for gaming, all my storage on a external 2TB HD so it can run fast. I have all updates (drivers too) done ( Though have not gone to SP3 yet I just noticed, not sure why I haven't got that prompt) I also have heard problems with SP3?

Yahoo News was working fine just last week. Now if I click on any yahoo news link, it freezes up and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and end IE as a Not Responding program. Yeah I know there are better news sites, yahoo has problems etc etc. However, call me crazy but, I like yahoo as my homepage. Oh and please don't say "Foxfire, Modzilla, Chrome etc...I'd hate to have to install and learn a new browser on my laptop when my IE runs everything else fine. I have over 800 Big Fish Games that have to re-sync each time I have to do a clean install. Don't want to do that again if it screws up my laptop.

Is there something that changed I don't know? Or a simple/easy update or way to fix this problem with IE running Yahoo News? Why was it fine last week and now all of the sudden not?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 08:14 AM

Hello TheGhostOfOldHollywoodPast,

I am from Dell Social Media and Community.

Have you tried resetting your internet explorer settings?
Click on Tools > Internet options > Advanced Tab > Reset > OK

If this does not fix the issue, update your Internet Explorer.

If this has not helped you or if you need any further assistance, feel free to message me on Twitter(@NiranjanatDell). I will be happy to assist.

Dell-Niranjan

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply