Twitist Forums
Am i the only one who hates the idea of graph search for facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Am i the only one who hates the idea of graph search for facebook? (/thread-73140.html)

Am i the only one who hates the idea of graph search for facebook? - Deja - 05-12-2013 12:03 PM

obviously, no matter how "private" facebook claims to be, it isnt. but at least they make it kind of hard to find anyone or dig up dirt on anyone by doing a simple search. but now you can simply search "people who like chinese food who live in california" and boom, your name is there. this is a great innovation for anyone who enjoys having their information for anyone to see, but i can honestly see it causing problems on facebooks part, and on the users part. its basically opening it up for anyone to find you, or as i would say, stalk you. am i the only one uncomfortable with this? and dont say "facebook doesnt owe us anything because its free" because if their users dont feel safe sharing information, it will eventually become a ghost town on there, thus users will stop checking their facebook which will send it into a downward spiral.

- Lenny - 05-12-2013 12:14 PM

This is a feature that has been around for quite some time now.... users just haven't noticed it.