Twitist Forums
Liking a page on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Liking a page on Facebook? (/thread-74472.html)

Liking a page on Facebook? - Venus - 07-18-2013 06:21 PM

The thing that I really don't like about Facebook, is that everyone can see if you "like" a photo, a page, etc. It shows up in their newsfeed.

I need to "like" a page, but I don't want it to show up in everyone's newsfeed. Is there a way to hide this?

(PS. I'm not doing anything sinister. I just need to "like" a page of the supplier for my business ... and obviously I don't want my clients to know who my supplier is, or else they will order directly from them. That's all.)

- Ponker - 07-18-2013 06:29 PM

i dont think so I would recommend to make another FACEBOOK!

- abdullah al.qupaty - 07-18-2013 06:37 PM

Open your profile > click on activity log button > Mark Only me at the top of the page temporarily.

- abraXus - 07-18-2013 06:52 PM

there is no way to do this

the only thing you can do is add the friends you want to hide your activity from to your restricted list

abdullah apparently doesnt understand how the activity log works - it does not do what he thinks it does

- JuicYiRideSolo - 07-18-2013 07:01 PM

change your settings too only me so only me can see them

- Margaret - 07-18-2013 07:06 PM

Sorry it's not possible..
Better you can create a fake facebook account and use that account exclusively to like pages..so that no one knows you are liking that page.

- Daniel - 07-18-2013 07:19 PM

There is No Way to Hide your Like the Only Thing you Can Do is If There is Specific People you Dont Want to See your Like Action Than Add Them to The Restricted List

- withaC - 07-18-2013 07:33 PM

Great question Venus!

I have that same issue and what I decided to do was create a 2nd FB account and I use it SOLELY for "Liking" suppliers that I patronize...and then some Smile