Twitist Forums
Does not using Social Media hurt my chances of getting employed? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Does not using Social Media hurt my chances of getting employed? (/thread-7523.html)

Does not using Social Media hurt my chances of getting employed? - GAP ( Garnet... - 10-12-2012 06:11 PM

Hi, i am a student that rarely uses social media. My question is let say a future employer decides to look at my Facebook page to see what type of a person i am, but my Facebook page is basically empty. Would the employer see this and categorize me as non-social or out going person and as such will not consider me for the position or am i worrying for no reason.

- artist91746 - 10-12-2012 06:19 PM

It really depends on the kind of job you want. I think if you want to be any kind of model then a facebook page would be very important. I think if you are working in say an office or fast food there won't be a problem with an empty page. I think they would like that instead of seeing pictures of yourself doing things like binge drinking (I'm not saying that you do, just an example)

- Tom B - 10-12-2012 06:19 PM

If you want to have a social media page to assist you with finding a job, try LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a social media site for professionals. It looks like an online resume. Plus, you can connect with others and have them give you recommendations, which can be quite powerful. Finally, it's a great way to find jobs as well, as the article below details. Good luck.