This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does not using Social Media hurt my chances of getting employed?
10-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Does not using Social Media hurt my chances of getting employed?
Hi, i am a student that rarely uses social media. My question is let say a future employer decides to look at my Facebook page to see what type of a person i am, but my Facebook page is basically empty. Would the employer see this and categorize me as non-social or out going person and as such will not consider me for the position or am i worrying for no reason.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 06:19 PM

It really depends on the kind of job you want. I think if you want to be any kind of model then a facebook page would be very important. I think if you are working in say an office or fast food there won't be a problem with an empty page. I think they would like that instead of seeing pictures of yourself doing things like binge drinking (I'm not saying that you do, just an example)

Ads

10-12-2012, 06:19 PM

If you want to have a social media page to assist you with finding a job, try LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a social media site for professionals. It looks like an online resume. Plus, you can connect with others and have them give you recommendations, which can be quite powerful. Finally, it's a great way to find jobs as well, as the article below details. Good luck.