Twitist Forums
How long does it take someone to accept a friend request on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How long does it take someone to accept a friend request on Facebook? (/thread-78596.html)

How long does it take someone to accept a friend request on Facebook? - Theresa - 08-10-2013 07:36 PM

I created a new Facebook account, to find my ex's name on there. He has changed his name. I searched his name, & everybody else with the same name, came up in the search list. Only thing is, I saw a page with the name & no profile picture or any other pictures, let alone, not even a lot of info on the page. So I requested to be friends, jus to see "supposedly", if this might be my ex. This is why I asked how long does it take for someone to accept a friend request. I don't have a lot of info or profile pics on my new account either.

- Happy Happy - 08-10-2013 07:49 PM

It depends on when the person sees that he or she has a friend request. So if they go online they will probably see. So you just have to wait until they go online.

- Mikala - 08-10-2013 07:56 PM

Whenever they see it?
They don't have to accept you if they don't want to either

- Jose - 08-10-2013 07:58 PM

It can take seconds or days it all depends because when you send the request it gets to them right away so for example if you send me a request I can choose to accept it or decline it so it really depends if the person wants to add you or just isn't online much.

- sheeKgeeK - 08-10-2013 08:13 PM

It's up to them. They can accept straight away or decline or just leave it there.
A friend of mine has about 20 friend requests that she hasn't done anything with because she hasn't decided yet whether to accept or decline them.

- abraXus - 08-10-2013 08:20 PM

even if it is him, he might just ignore friends requests from people he doesnt know - so he may never approve it and just leave it pending forever so that you dont know if he ever saw it in the first place

- Services Seo India - 08-10-2013 08:28 PM

It depends on the person when he opens his account and it is not necessary that he would only accept your request. It depends on his interest.

- Daniel - 08-10-2013 08:33 PM

It Depends On When They See it Once they See it it Takes a Second To Accept it