This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long does it take someone to accept a friend request on Facebook?
08-10-2013, 07:36 PM
How long does it take someone to accept a friend request on Facebook?
I created a new Facebook account, to find my ex's name on there. He has changed his name. I searched his name, & everybody else with the same name, came up in the search list. Only thing is, I saw a page with the name & no profile picture or any other pictures, let alone, not even a lot of info on the page. So I requested to be friends, jus to see "supposedly", if this might be my ex. This is why I asked how long does it take for someone to accept a friend request. I don't have a lot of info or profile pics on my new account either.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 07:49 PM

It depends on when the person sees that he or she has a friend request. So if they go online they will probably see. So you just have to wait until they go online.

Ads

08-10-2013, 07:56 PM

Whenever they see it?
They don't have to accept you if they don't want to either
08-10-2013, 07:58 PM

It can take seconds or days it all depends because when you send the request it gets to them right away so for example if you send me a request I can choose to accept it or decline it so it really depends if the person wants to add you or just isn't online much.
08-10-2013, 08:13 PM

It's up to them. They can accept straight away or decline or just leave it there.
A friend of mine has about 20 friend requests that she hasn't done anything with because she hasn't decided yet whether to accept or decline them.
08-10-2013, 08:20 PM

even if it is him, he might just ignore friends requests from people he doesnt know - so he may never approve it and just leave it pending forever so that you dont know if he ever saw it in the first place
08-10-2013, 08:28 PM

It depends on the person when he opens his account and it is not necessary that he would only accept your request. It depends on his interest.
08-10-2013, 08:33 PM

It Depends On When They See it Once they See it it Takes a Second To Accept it