Twitist Forums
Is it inappropriate to post a picture of the girl i babysit, on fb? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it inappropriate to post a picture of the girl i babysit, on fb? (/thread-81530.html)

Is it inappropriate to post a picture of the girl i babysit, on fb? - anonymous - 08-26-2013 08:10 PM

So on instagram/facebook, i want to do a throwback thursday and add a picture of me with the girl i babysit. Would it be inappropriate to do that? Ive known this girl for like7 years and for 4 or 5 years we have been so close. Im her favorite teemager and banysitter. She is 8 and im 15. Her parents wouldnt know that i posted it, i dont think tjey would care, cuz they let me take the picture in the first place.. And anyway, i always see like a few of my other friends posting pictures of them with the kids they babysit. So is it ok for me to post this? These are gonna be my hashtags: #tbt #8thgrade #favoritemunchkin #babysitting

- Greywolf - 08-26-2013 08:19 PM

If you post the pic without their permission, that's an invasion of their privacy and a breach of your duty of care and a breach of trust. It also exposes their child to danger. Quite a mix of felonies, misdemeanors, and civil torts.

Either get their permission or don't do it. Note that you have absolutely no rights in this matter, only responsibilities.

- withaC - 08-26-2013 08:27 PM

Anonymous,

YES, it is inappropriate and unethical. Don't Do It!
Would you want someone to post a picture of your child on Facebook, "unknowingly".

- Sereid - 08-26-2013 08:38 PM

Not without permission from the parents. Really, it is kind of creepy.

- Jimmy - 08-26-2013 08:43 PM

No.