This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it inappropriate to post a picture of the girl i babysit, on fb?
08-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Is it inappropriate to post a picture of the girl i babysit, on fb?
So on instagram/facebook, i want to do a throwback thursday and add a picture of me with the girl i babysit. Would it be inappropriate to do that? Ive known this girl for like7 years and for 4 or 5 years we have been so close. Im her favorite teemager and banysitter. She is 8 and im 15. Her parents wouldnt know that i posted it, i dont think tjey would care, cuz they let me take the picture in the first place.. And anyway, i always see like a few of my other friends posting pictures of them with the kids they babysit. So is it ok for me to post this? These are gonna be my hashtags: #tbt #8thgrade #favoritemunchkin #babysitting

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2013, 08:19 PM

If you post the pic without their permission, that's an invasion of their privacy and a breach of your duty of care and a breach of trust. It also exposes their child to danger. Quite a mix of felonies, misdemeanors, and civil torts.

Either get their permission or don't do it. Note that you have absolutely no rights in this matter, only responsibilities.

Ads

08-26-2013, 08:27 PM

Anonymous,

YES, it is inappropriate and unethical. Don't Do It!
Would you want someone to post a picture of your child on Facebook, "unknowingly".
08-26-2013, 08:38 PM

Not without permission from the parents. Really, it is kind of creepy.
08-26-2013, 08:43 PM

No.