Twitist Forums
Are atheists brainwashed? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Are atheists brainwashed? (/thread-8180.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Anthony - 10-13-2012 06:17 AM

The guy saying we are borned athiests is wrong their was a study done showing that children even without any influence from religion still believe in God. They believe everything has a purpose. I'll give you a link to the article on my source for anyone who cares to read. And to answer the question. No I don't think they are brainwashed just trying to rebel and seem smart and they use science for everything even though about 2/3 of scientists believe in God. And the Free Masons who are very intellegent must believe in a higher diety to join. By the way I'm agnostic theist.

- Mephistopheles - 10-13-2012 06:17 AM

Hello! It's Laim again! You have a real problem with atheists don't you? I am inviting you to come and meet some very friendly atheists and we will help you to let out all your anger and if you have any energy left come and have a drink with us and learn a little more about us. I'm am sure your god will be very happy for you to venture into the lion's den just like Daniel did and no harm will come to you. I know you wont take up this generous offer because you think it might offend your god or your master in the church. Anyways - happy worshipping!

- Siver ChaCha - 10-13-2012 06:17 AM

Look sweetie, We don't care. Get it ?

WE DO NOT WANT TO CONVINCE YOU OF ANYTHING ! we don't care what you believe

PLEASE LEARN TO SHOW US THE SAME. JUST LEAVE US ALONE.

- pat z - 10-13-2012 06:17 AM

I think that your very FIRST sentence is questionable, the second ridiculous (the words arrogant and patronizing also come to mind).
If you want to talk indoctrination, we can take a long hard look at the Catholic church or some of the more extreme Christian "religions". (That wouldn't suit your "argument", I think.)
By the way, Richard Dawkins hasn't "turned his back" on atheism. I just read that exchange between Dawkins and the Archbishop of Canterbury in The Telegraph; Dawkins still has considerable doubts about the existence of "god".

- Frank - 10-13-2012 06:17 AM

lmao i was raised christian i figured out on my own that religion is bs with no backing all myth.brainwashed i think not if any group was it would have to be the religion.

- Dr Redthumb - 10-13-2012 06:17 AM

This is so absurdly inaccurate it beggars belief. Most atheists I know, myself included, come from religious backgrounds where attempts were made from an early age to force them to capitulate to belief in religious dogma. Far from allowing themselves to be indoctrinated to the beliefs of another they have fought their whole life against precisely this, usually in solitude, preferring to think for themselves rather than blindly accept what they are told.

- 2FollowHim - 10-13-2012 06:17 AM

So many things are upside down. It looks one way, it is the other way.

People who are smiling (not always) but sometimes are the worst
cons there are.

I'm not speaking about a-'s or Christians but generally. a-'s=a(theists)

So, I can tell sometimes what is happening by the reactions.

I can't tell what is happening otherwise, at times.

I can tell through all these questions, for example, that
a-'s want attention.

They don't seem like it, and they say they don't but the
results show me that 'yes, they do'.

And it's working.
The focus is on a-'s here.
I never focus on a-'s, and I'll leave you to consider why not.
You can look over my 2,200 questions posted and
very few of those include this word in them, maybe 1 or 2%.

They are all posted to Christians, or now to the election in USA.

As one preacher put it so well. He said 'if I have a black dog
and a white dog, and they don't get along, then whichever
one I feed will get bigger'. Read=whichever one I pay
attention to.

Negative attention is attention, and it draws the person away
from God and Jesus Christ altogether.

a-'s don't care what kind of attention they get, as long as
they get it. If they get your attention, then it isn't on God.

The bible indicates that in many cases, it is pre-ordained,
so they pre-existed. This earth here didn't just HAPPEN,
and it's here for a reason.