Twitist Forums
Why my social security number be can not be "verified" when i sign up for debit cards or money market funds? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why my social security number be can not be "verified" when i sign up for debit cards or money market funds? (/thread-8305.html)

Why my social security number be can not be "verified" when i sign up for debit cards or money market funds? - opio - 10-13-2012 08:37 AM

Does anyone know how to be able to use your social security number and have it verified? twice my ss couldnt be verified so for now I have to go without a debit card and my account in money market.

- capwest5a - 10-13-2012 08:45 AM

If you are going around typing your social security number onto various websites, you are making a SERIOUS mistake. The websites have collected your SSN info and can basically steal your identity now. They can apply for credit cards in your name, etc. I bet they already have started to do so.

Of course scam websites won't 'verify' your SSN - that's part of the scam. You might be going through life with a devastated credit score for a few decades.
---------------
Another possibility is that your SSN cannot be verified because it's a fake number and was not issued by the Soc. Sec. Admin.