Twitist Forums
Is there any point in writing a novel with the intention of getting published? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Is there any point in writing a novel with the intention of getting published? (/thread-8381.html)

Is there any point in writing a novel with the intention of getting published? - Dax Leival - 10-13-2012 09:53 AM

I've written short stories in the past and had quite a bit of praise from people that have read my stuff. If I was to persevere and write a full-length novel would there be any point in searching for a publisher or would it be more fulfilling to use social media to share it online for free?

- giganticghost755 - 10-13-2012 10:01 AM

In the USA, there are more people WRITING a novel, than there are reading them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4xXSlGKKrY

- Katie - 10-13-2012 10:01 AM

I use 'wattpad' which is a social site to share stories, it's fairly fulfilling, but I want to be published, so why not do both and if you have any luck in the publishing industry, take your novel from your account Smile Good luck!

- smallbelieve201 - 10-13-2012 10:01 AM

You could make an ebook out of it and sell it at a price on Amazon or whatever site.
Remember, just incase you may have a poverty mentality, that whatever you sell and at whatever price, make sure that the person is getting more in value than what they paid in cash. By value, I mean use value. If you feel like taking them on an adventure, just like a cruise ship traveling the sea, give them a price for that wonderful experience. A person pays money at a theme park and if they had fun, then what the tickets cost was nothing compared to the value of the experience. It was worth it.

- A. Thorne - 10-13-2012 10:01 AM

You can always publish the first three chapters for free online and then if enough buzz is generated you can charge for the whole manuscript.