This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there any point in writing a novel with the intention of getting published?
10-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Is there any point in writing a novel with the intention of getting published?
I've written short stories in the past and had quite a bit of praise from people that have read my stuff. If I was to persevere and write a full-length novel would there be any point in searching for a publisher or would it be more fulfilling to use social media to share it online for free?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 10:01 AM

In the USA, there are more people WRITING a novel, than there are reading them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4xXSlGKKrY

Ads

I use 'wattpad' which is a social site to share stories, it's fairly fulfilling, but I want to be published, so why not do both and if you have any luck in the publishing industry, take your novel from your account Smile Good luck!

You could make an ebook out of it and sell it at a price on Amazon or whatever site.
Remember, just incase you may have a poverty mentality, that whatever you sell and at whatever price, make sure that the person is getting more in value than what they paid in cash. By value, I mean use value. If you feel like taking them on an adventure, just like a cruise ship traveling the sea, give them a price for that wonderful experience. A person pays money at a theme park and if they had fun, then what the tickets cost was nothing compared to the value of the experience. It was worth it.

You can always publish the first three chapters for free online and then if enough buzz is generated you can charge for the whole manuscript.