Twitist Forums
Remember when Bush wanted to throw Social Security on the mercy of the stock market? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Remember when Bush wanted to throw Social Security on the mercy of the stock market? (/thread-8567.html)

Pages: 1 2

Remember when Bush wanted to throw Social Security on the mercy of the stock market? - Blue_MD - 10-13-2012 01:00 PM

Which promptly collapsed, and would have taken all of our savings with it. Why do Cons like Sharron Angle and Newt Gingrich think it'll work better this time?

- Brutus - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

At least there would be something left instead of IOUs. Or maybe you haven't heard the SS is bankrupt.

- Crazybeef299 - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

Social Security will stop adding to the surplus in 2016
Social Security will begin to lose funds in 2023
Social Security will be completely bankrupt by 2030

Learn the facts!

HAHA DENIAL OF THE IDIOTS I SEE! You welfare king and queens will soon learn!

- Old Hippie - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

They never learn from history.

- lordfrig - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

Well the conservatives are kind of like children, you can tell them it wont work but until they try it and see it fail they will not understand. Kind of like how pain is necessary to get the point across that something is wrong (a spanking).

- Case - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

wall street did such a great job with the housing market, what could go wrong

- Oldwhiteguy2earth - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

Well, my question is, is the stock market at zero? I haven't lost any money in the alleged collapse, although I have not gained either. Have you looked at the performance of the market for the following ten years in the three periods in the last century when it was flat for ten years? Companies are not losing money. If not, eventually the market HAS to go up. I am betting my fortune on it.

- Adam H - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

Because the free market is magic, silly! It fixes everything, even faulty logic!

- Thedude27 - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

lol, I have more money in my private reitrement funds than the looted SS fund. lol you'd be better off putting your money in a cardboard box outside you front door than relying on SS.

- Fbomonkey Returns - 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

Considering that SS is now broke I don't see how it could be worse. In time the stock market will come back stronger than ever but if it stays in government hands it will just get worse and worse. As of this year SS spends more then it takes in (bankrupt), and it will remain that way until a major change is made. If there is something the private sector knows it's how to make money. If there is something the government knows it's how to SPEND money.