Twitist Forums
Seniors, are you going to mail hiliday cards this season? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Seniors, are you going to mail hiliday cards this season? (/thread-8626.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- jonds - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I saw all the cards I needed when I worked at the PO, I thought it was stupid then and have not changed my mind.

- Riverrat - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

Oh yes....I enjoy sending and receiving the beautiful cards. I especially enjoy the cards with current pictures of the senders and their family members and pets!!!

- Drunkenbrush509 - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I bought quite a few boxes of Christmas cards several years ago at 90% off plus got a 10% discount, too. I kind of hate not to send them since they were so cheap. The card list dwindles every year, though.

- Mary - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I've whittled down my card list to about 10. I only send cards to long distance relatives. But I consider it a chore, and not something I enjoy. I always write a few paragraphs on each card, so I end up repeating myself 10 times. I look at it as a "lost" afternoon when I have to send out cards.

- S - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I have a brother and my kids. Everyone else is gone to the great beyond. No, I no longer send any greetings by any snail mail or otherwise.

- power - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

No, I don't like holidays. I like to celebrate each day as if it is my last & other's last. If Christmas is about Jesus then people should have the Christ consciousness. When they blame others for anything they are not being one with the Christ consciouness so I am not celebrating the old worn out past that brought me such a horrible life growing up. Materialism, relapsed for addicts. It startes in a few weeks with the junk food kids will eat for Holloween. This is BS & anyone who follows it is a puppet on the string of these brainwasher who only care about making people sick so they can make money off of them.

I will eat healthy, love others daily, celebrate life always & if you want to send me a card I would love it but unless it is in celebration of the day I am born I am not going along with con-sumer holidays.

- livelybanana167 - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

My Hallmark plant is shutting down next year and I am so mad too..I know lots of people who worked for them and have retired form them too..
So YES will still mail out holiday cards!!! even if I have to go to a cheaper greeting cards section!!

- Lily - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

Yes Larry I still send out greetings and thank you cards and letters. It's the only time I get to use my lovely fountain pen which I've had for years.

The art of handwriting is disappearing fast so it's nice to put pent to paper and wish someone seasons greetings.

I also like to receive them.

- adeline - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

Yes, I send out a few holiday cards, as well as birthday cards. I think it is much more personal. The person receiving it knows you thought enough of them to take the time to send a special wish just for them. I love getting cards and letters in the mail.

- Milton - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

My wife sends the cards. I send letters of personal greeting to those with whom I am close. I do not believe in obligation cards. If someone doesn't care about me 364 days a year but has me on a holiday list, I simply put the card in the recycle bin.