Twitist Forums
Seniors, are you going to mail hiliday cards this season? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Seniors, are you going to mail hiliday cards this season? (/thread-8626.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Bubba - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

no

- leftcoastliz - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I haven't yet found my cards after moving, which was 1 1/2 yrs. ago. Surely I'll find them in time! I suppose it would be possible to buy some more, but if you knew me, you'd know just how cheap I am. (last of the big spenders, as they say--Why do they say that, anyway?)

- Grela LaTuc - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I still have a ton of Christmas cards so I will be doing snail mail probably the rest of my life, unless Congress abolishes the post office.

Edit: Yeah, they finally got my avatar back. I was getting tired of that smiley face.

- Kai - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

Just a few to my favorite people. The US Postal Service and I are not friends so I avoid using them whenever possible. And I keep in close touch with most of the people I care about anyway, the few cards I send out are more just for, well, now I'm not sure what or why. There are a few people I do always send cards to, maybe just a handful of people though.

- Bob - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

Yes.

I don't do computer cards or social sites either. IMHO, Facebook and others are full of people with narcissistic personality disorder and I choose not to be a part of that scene. (I prefer to spend time talking about "ME!" lol).

I think sending a snail mail card demonstrates more of an effort to wish them MC..

- Lona - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I will snail mail 5 cards this season.

- Autumn Leaves - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I intend to snail mail to the very end but the list gets smaller every year as more and more people go social media.

- highwrist674 - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I will send a few. Christmas was always a good way for the post office to make some money as well as for Mother's Day cards. With fewer people using the postal dept. it has had an affect. I'll support my postal office by sending some.

- J - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I will definitely be sending Holiday cards this year.
I think this year I may do Eid--last year was Chanukah. I am a non-discriminating Holiday person.
I probably have 20 people to send cards to this year.

- J - 10-13-2012 02:23 PM

I send hundreds of cards throughout the year. I probably address over 100 Christmas cards alone, each year. I love snail mail! I send cards for all those unknown holidays, too. I tell the recipients that it beats getting a bill in the mail anyday!