Twitist Forums
How to get around copyright infringement for facebook videos with songs in background? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to get around copyright infringement for facebook videos with songs in background? (/thread-93368.html)

How to get around copyright infringement for facebook videos with songs in background? - Brit - 01-03-2014 08:38 PM

I made a slideshow of photos and silenced videos in windows movie maker of my dog... he recently passed away and as a release I made a slideshow, and I wanted to share it with close friends and family who are also grieving. I used the song "In the arms of an angel". Unfortunately, facebook took it down immediately stating copyright infringement. I want to know how to dodge this so I may share the slideshow...

- oh not not again - 01-03-2014 08:47 PM

You can't dodge copyright infringement by committing it

Like youTube, facebook has a content identifying system. record labels supply youTube and facebook and several other sites with a library of their music. When A video is uploaded, its scanned for copyrighted material as it processes.

if your video is found to have copyrighted music, you're in trouble for violating copyrights

There's really not anything you can do. if you're gonna use a song, chances are, it's in their database and the video will be removed