This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get around copyright infringement for facebook videos with songs in background?
01-03-2014, 08:38 PM
How to get around copyright infringement for facebook videos with songs in background?
I made a slideshow of photos and silenced videos in windows movie maker of my dog... he recently passed away and as a release I made a slideshow, and I wanted to share it with close friends and family who are also grieving. I used the song "In the arms of an angel". Unfortunately, facebook took it down immediately stating copyright infringement. I want to know how to dodge this so I may share the slideshow...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 08:47 PM

You can't dodge copyright infringement by committing it

Like youTube, facebook has a content identifying system. record labels supply youTube and facebook and several other sites with a library of their music. When A video is uploaded, its scanned for copyrighted material as it processes.

if your video is found to have copyrighted music, you're in trouble for violating copyrights

There's really not anything you can do. if you're gonna use a song, chances are, it's in their database and the video will be removed

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply