Twitist Forums
What do I do if the link on my password reset email for instagram in invalid? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What do I do if the link on my password reset email for instagram in invalid? (/thread-95931.html)

What do I do if the link on my password reset email for instagram in invalid? - Izzy - 02-18-2014 03:27 AM

Here is the backstory, so on Saturday I wanted to reset my instagram password. After I did that it said thanks, *username*) But that was not my username. I was curious so I logged into that account using the new username and it was a blank account. I didn't know what was going on so then I tried logging in to my account. It wasn't allowing me to. I tried everything but it did not work. When I got the password reset emails and I clicked the link it said it was and invalid link. So then when I went to the main reset password page they said Thanks! please check w**************2@yahoo.com. That wasn't even my email account. My instagram account was not deactivated because my sister checked my account and it was still there. I am worried I was hacked or someone got the email and changed my password to something I don't know. The help center has no answers and instagram is not replying to ANY of my emails or phone calls (i found their number) I am desperate! I really want my account back please help!

- Unviewed - 02-18-2014 03:30 AM

It does indeed sound like someone took over your account. After this point, you cannot get it back. Instagram has a horrible reputation for not caring about its users. Completely unlike Facebook. Once Facebook bought it, they removed the support emails and replaced them with little help pages.